Last updated January 2023
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 (Act) and the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (GDPR), the data controller is Construction Link Limited t/a Prosper incorporated and registered in England and Wales with the company number 09791821 whose registered office is at 85 Great Portland Street, First Floor, London, W1W 7LT (“Prosper”, “we”, “us” and “our”).
This policy (together with our Terms and Conditions and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data Prosper may collect from you, or that you provide to Prosper, will be processed.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
By visiting www.weallprosper.co.uk (“Website”), you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
Information Prosper may collect from you
Prosper may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give to Prosper. You may give Prosper information about you by filling in forms on the Website, or by corresponding with Prosper by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use the Website, subscribe to Prosper’s service, place an order on our Website, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our Website, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with the Website. The information you give Prosper may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
Information Prosper collects about you. With regard to each of your visits to the Website, Prosper may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call Prosper’s customer service number.
Information Prosper receives from other sources. Prosper may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites Prosper operates or the other services Prosper provide, including our affiliated website for construction companies and other procurement professionals www.c-link.com. Prosper are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them. See the section headed “Disclosure of your information” below for details of how we share your information.
If you access our Website via LinkedIn, we will collect information from your LinkedIn account including but not limited to your name, profile photo, profile description, company name and company role.
Uses made of this information
Prosper use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to Prosper. Prosper will use this information:
- to carry out its obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Prosper and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from Prosper;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services Prosper offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to put you in touch with users of our affiliated website for procurement professionals at main contractors and developers, www.c-link.com ;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services Prosper feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, Prosper will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, Prosper (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want Prosper to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data;
- to notify you about changes to Prosper’s service; and
- to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information Prosper collects about you. Prosper will use this information:
- to administer the Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of Prosper’s service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of Prosper’s efforts to keep the Website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising Prosper serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the Website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information Prosper receives from other sources. . Prosper may combine this information with information you give to it and information Prosper collect about you. Prosper may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information Prosper receive).
Disclosure of your information
Prosper may share your personal information with any member of its group, which means its subsidiaries, Prosper’s ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006. This includes our affiliated website www.c-link.com which is also operated by us.
Prosper may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Any customer or registered user of our affiliated website (including any developer or procurement professional listed thereon) for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Our business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract Prosper enters into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist Prosper in the improvement and optimisation of the Website.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
- Individuals you who you include in your pre-qualification application and/or profile as a reference in respect of works you have previously carried out. You consent to us sharing your information in this regard.
Prosper may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that Prosper sell or buy any business or assets, in which case Prosper may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Prosper or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where prosper store your personal data
All information you provide to Prosper is stored on its secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where Prosper have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Prosper ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although Prosper will do its best to protect your personal data, Prosper cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk.
Once Prosper have received your information, Prosper will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How long Prosper keeps your data for
The data that Prosper collects from you will be kept for a period of up to twenty four months following termination of your free account with our Website. If you a registered user and hold a Subscription with us and you cancel your payment, your account will automatically change into a free account.
You have the right to ask Prosper not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. Prosper will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if it intends to use your data for such purposes or if Prosper intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms Prosper use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting Prosper at: [email protected].
You have the right to request access to, deletion or correction of your personal data and you can do this by sending an email to [email protected] providing full details of your request. The subject header of your email should state “Privacy – amendment of personal data”.
You have the right to request your personal data is transferred to another person and you can do this by sending an email to [email protected] providing full details of your request including the complete details of the recipient. The subject header of your email should state “Privacy – transfer of personal data”.
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of Prosper’s partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that Prosper do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to your information
The Act and GDPR gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10.00 to meet Prosper’s costs in providing you with details of the information Prosper hold about you.